Seeking Structural Drafter - CAD
Weston and Associates LLC, is a leader in engineering, procuring, & constructing the world’s largest liquid & dry bulk storage systems. Additionally, we also specialize in metal fabrication and manufacturing, custom specialty products. Our team strives on providing our customers with top-quality products and services.
At this time we are seeking an experienced Structural Drafter - CAD that will report directly to the Engineering Manager.
The ideal candidate performs a variety of entry-level design/drafting activities group including preparing/updating installation drawings for projects, preparing assembly/manufacturing drawings, establishing guidelines and procedures for CAD data management, and managing workload distribution within the department. Other duties are to be performed as assigned.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare dimensional drawings, installation drawings and more complex drawings
- Review blueprints, plans, specifications, and other customer documentation when design service is requested by the application engineer or project manager
- Works with Director of Engineering and engineering team on guidelines for installation drawings which meet and exceed the customer’s requirements
- Implement these requirements on drawings sent to the customer
- Serve as an information source on planning and design of equipment
- Maintain notes, design calculations and other documentation (like drawings, bill of materials, list of design parameters, and /performance guarantees) for future reference within a dedicated Project Management System and drawing database
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of third-party items and services data base
- Review and modify information with supervision by the Director of Engineering and or Engineering team
- Make data available to application engineers and project managers
- Understand filing guidelines for drawings to maintain up to date revised drawings
- Other duties as required relating to CAD database maintenance, PDM, etc
- Associate degree or completion of a technical trade school in CAD, drafting or related field: or any equivalent combination of experience and training that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities
- Part modeling and detailing experience using Autodesk Inventor or Solid Works
- Experience using AutoCAD 2D design software (desired)
- Experience in equipment layout for industrial manufacturing projects (desired)
- Proficient in use of AutoCAD /ProE Creo Parametric software or other related software.
- Excellent communications skills: interpersonal, listening, oral, and written, with an attention to detail.