Seeking Chief Operations Officer
Weston and Associates LLC, is a leader in engineering, procuring, & constructing the world’s largest liquid & dry bulk storage systems. Additionally, we also specialize in metal fabrication and manufacturing, custom specialty products. Our team strives on providing our customers with top-quality products and services.
At this time we are seeking an experienced Chief Operating Officer that will report directly to the CEO.
The qualified individual is responsible for developing a high-engagement culture to help drive business success and build relationships with business partners in a collaborative environment. This individual must be able to think strategically, lead effectively, execute tactfully, and demonstrate strong, accurate judgment to handle both complex and sensitive issues.
This individual will provide leadership for all communications and oversight of company operations & processes, including both internal and external operations. This individual will develop, manage and lead our team by continuing to develop and implement operational processes that provide a top-notch culture of quality, integrity, and excitement with the ultimate goal of providing a high level of customer and employee satisfaction throughout the entire organization.
Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
The duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Provide highly effective operational and organizational leadership to the entire company and leadership.
- Oversee a strong talent management strategy, identify leadership competencies, conduct gap analysis, and collaborate with the leadership team to develop and build on to the existing talent group
- Provide regular forecasting and capital expense planning with the CEO and CFO.
- Direct, coordinate, and support leadership development training programs throughout the organization.
- Identify areas where operational improvement is needed and create/implement efficient development plans for improvement.
- Oversight of employee relations issues (terminations, performance issues, complaints, conflict, counseling, etc.). Implement effective employee counseling and growth strategies with management as needed to provide continual improvement regarding personnel issues.
- Work with the CEO & HR to plan annual performance evaluations & salary reviews of employees and overall company culture reviews on a regular basis.
- Plan and review operating budgets regularly with the CFO
- Lead the team with effective goal setting, coaching, and team review strategies.
- Review, manage and reinforce overall operational guidelines to division management.
- Work with HR to Develop additional staffing strategies to attract top talent, improve bench strength, and market the Company as a “Best in Class” employer.
- Continue the development and implementation of additional highly efficient operational procedures
- Provide strong company leadership, guidance, and direction to establish company expectations, goals, and objectives
- Maintain a strong rapport with all team members ranging from hourly employees to executives.
- Proven Ability to work independently, ethically, and efficiently to get work done through others using effective scheduling, and time management practices.
- Regularly review sales processes and sale progress with management and review sales goals.
- Display a strong professional, encouraging, and courteous attitude to the entire team, and the general public at all times.
- Proven ability as a Senior leader in a construction or manufacturing environment
Excellent ability to read and decipher financial statements.
- Have a strict commitment to safety requirements.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written along with strong public speaking and presentation skills.
- Exemplary organizational leadership skills
- Strong ability to manage risk
- Proven ability to set, maintain, and achieve company growth strategies.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Management, Organizational Development / Leadership, or comparable discipline or equivalent combination of education and experience. Master’s Degree desired.
- 4+ years working in Senior Operational Leadership, preferably in the construction or manufacturing industry.
- Minimum of 2 years working in a senior management capacity.
- Proven success in recruiting and talent management leadership.
- Proven senior leadership ability, and project management skills, including facilitation, organizational skills, management, and ability to hold parties accountable for results.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Experience with working in a growing company desired.
- Experience implementing continual improvement programs is a plus.
Language & Communication Skills
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively to employees of the organization.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
What Weston & Associates Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth & development
- Highly competitive base pay
Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision benefits programs
- Paid Time Off